❗ What Is It?
On February 1st, 2022, Butterfly Protocol, a decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) and Cortex Application announced that they are launching .hmn top-level domains (TLDs) on the Polygon protocol. All for free. This will make Web3 available to everyone around the world. Butterfly Protocol will be giving away the .hmn domains indefinitely and can be claimed on their website.
The .hmn domains are full NFT domains that give lifetime ownership meaning the domain never expires and do not require renewal fees. The .hmn domain resolve across Ethereum, Polygon, and the current web (or legacy DNS) using yourname.hmn.link. The .hmn domain also connects to other crypto projects such as the Ethereum Name Service (ENS), with yourname.hmn.eth. The Ethereum Name Service (ENS) is a decentralized identity protocol that runs on the Ethereum blockchain.
“Domain names are quickly becoming the foundation of web3. All of your activity, from published content to collaborative documents, will be tied to it, and that opens the door to making efficient use of decentralized, person-centric data. A domain is an identity, but also an address for your digital home on web3. We can now provide all that at near-zero cost,” said Leonard Kish, CEO and Co-Founder of Cortex Application.
💹 Join Robinhood with my link and we will both pick a free stock.
📋 My .hmn Domain Name
I grabbed mine from hmn.domains. My domain name is mselyserobinson.hmn. Here is the process:
- You must claim your .hmn domain with a tweet.
- Your .hmn domain name will be whatever your twitter name is. For example mine is mselyerobinson.hmn
- Connect your MetaMask wallet.
- Send out the customized tweet created just for you.
- I had to wait about 10 minutes for my domain name to show up on OpenSea under the Hidden category. It also looks like it takes a few hours for your domain name to display on the NFT too.
💰 Sign up and get $10 of bitcoin free from Coinbase.
UPDATED: February 27, 2022
I finally bought my mselyserobinson.hmn.eth domain name. It cost me $11.06 in ethereum. You can see the gas fee is the whole amount since the ENS domain is free.
- You can see my ENS domain name here. I will have this forever supposedly.
- You can see the Etherscan transaction here.
Elyse Y. Robinson is the Founder of Switch Into Tech Inc. where I do monthly seminars, NewsIn.IT where I post daily freebies to switch into tech, a Microsoft Certified Trainer, and an Azure Cloud Consultant…in love with Mexico, researching any and everything, and helping people switch into the tech industry.